WIC offers breastfeeding support to WIC mamas in a variety of ways
Individualized support from your WIC Nutrition Counselor:
- All WIC Counselors are trained in breastfeeding support. If they don’t know the answer they will be able to connect you with our WIC staff who does.
- WIC has a Certified Lactation Consultant and an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) who can help with the most difficult breastfeeding questions or challenges.
Breastfeeding Peer Counselors:
Breastfeeding peer counselors are moms who have participated in WIC and are here to answer your question and provide support to mamas just like you!
- Free support available anytime by calling 907-343-4755.
- Join their Facebook group, Instagram, and follow them on Facebook.
- Breast pumps are available for breastfeeding mamas who qualify.